Intro to Digital Media
Unit 1: Vector
Exercise 1: Vectorizing a doodle
To collaborate with entire class on a draw-and-pass exercise. To learn the basics of digital scanning.
Your challenge will be to collaborate with your entire class in a short and quick doodle session. Add to peoples drawings appropriately. Think small, but creatively. Keep in mind the composition and overall aesthetic of the notecard when you receive it.
– Start with a notecard, write your lame on top left corner and doodle for 1 minute. You can doodle anything.
– After the first minute, pass your notecard to your neighbor to the left. Another 1 minute doodle will happen followed by the passing of the card to the left. Continue until you have your original notecard. (Should be about 20 minutes of doodling)
– Use one of the lab scanners to digitize your notecard
– Take the JPEG file and bring it onto your computer desktop
– Open up the JPEG in Photoshop
– Format the notecard to fit 3”x5”
– Save as follows: Firstname_lastname_doodle.JPEG
– Email JPEG to Instructor as an attachment: email@example.com